Syllabus Exams for 2020
- Fall 2020 Syllabus exams will be held using video-conferencing formats. Adjudicators will not travel to studios, but will use platforms such as Zoom, Skype, etc. for live exams.
- Students may test either at their teacher’s studio or in their own home, according to current state health directives and personal safety levels. If a live exam is not possible due to technology constraints, a pre-recorded video made at exam time could be an option.
- Teachers are responsible for sending a PDF of all repertoire to the adjudicator ahead of the exams.
- Comment sheets and certificates will be mailed out to teachers after the exam is complete.
- Students should expect to be tested over Ear Training, Sight Reading, and Rhythm Reading as usual.
- Dates will be posted for all districts on the OMTA website in August.
- Spring Syllabus 2021 exam formats will be announced in November/December here on the OMTA website, in the Music News, and by your district Syllabus Chair.
Please direct questions to your district Syllabus Chair, and remember to renew your MTNA membership to unlock your Leggiero account!
Syllabus is a music curriculum that covers technique, music theory, sight reading, rhythm reading, and repertoire. The ten levels of Syllabus are graduated in difficulty and challenge students to achieve musical goals. After completion of a level, students can opt to be assessed by a master teacher who provides a helpful critique.
Questions? Parents, please contact your OMTA teacher. Teachers, please contact your district chair. District chairs may reach out to Heidi Evans, NCTM with questions.
Teachers: If your district is using online registration, you may access Leggiero.
Need help navigating Leggiero? Check out our Syllabus Registration Instructions for Teachers – Leggiero.
Syllabus Rhythm and Sight Reading Aids
Forms are in PDF format – readable with the free Adobe Reader.
Chairperson & Treasurer Forms
Syllabus Letter to Parents
Syllabus Exam Outline: Eval-Demo-Aud
Syllabus Instructions for Teachers
OMTA Syllabus Brochure — legal-size paper
Piano Syllabus Entry Blank
Grade Minimum Requirement for Level X Students
Jazz Piano Syllabus Entry Blank
String Syllabus Entry Blank
Syllabus Registration Form
Syllabus Fee Schedule
Teacher’s Request for Conference
Adjudicator Evaluation Form
Guidelines for Hosting Syllabus