- These video assets are provided to support your transition to online teaching. They are made possible by a grant from the Nellie Tholen Foundation.
- Online Teaching: Equipment, Apps, and Approaches to Remote Piano Lessons by Dr. Stephen Lewis.
- The iPad as Teaching Tool by Dr. Stephen Lewis. A handout.
- Continuing Music Online During Social Distancing by Megan Todd, Masters in Learning Design and Technology
- Online Teaching: You Can Do It! – a conversation with Dr. Thomas Otten and Dr. Jill Timmons
- Click here for an Dr. Otten’s notes that accompany this video.
- Online Teaching Demonstration – Dr. Thomas Otten, NCTM, West Portland District gives a demonstration online lesson with Dr. Laurie McManus, Professor of Musicology at Shenandoah Conservatory in Virginia.
- Teaching Online Voice Lessons During COVID-19 by Joannah Ball, President of the Cascade Chapter of NATS and teaching private voice lessons, now online, at Pacific University and Willamette University
Additional resources to support your transition to online teaching:
- MTNA Resources: https://www.mtna.org/MTNA/
- PDF with resources curated by OMTA past president, Selina Manson, in the spring of 2020: https://oregonmta.org/wp-content/uploads/OMTA-President-COVID-19-Resources.pdf
Virtual Event Protocols
Suggested guidelines for chairs, teachers, and students/parents participating in virtual OMTA events.