Video Resources for Online Teaching
- These video assets are provided to support your transition to online teaching. They are made possible by a grant from the Nellie Tholen Foundation.
- Online Teaching: Equipment, Apps, and Approaches to Remote Piano Lessons by Dr. Stephen Lewis.
- The iPad as Teaching Tool by Dr. Stephen Lewis. A handout.
- Continuing Music Online During Social Distancing by Megan Todd, Masters in Learning Design and Technology
- Online Teaching: You Can Do It! – a conversation with Dr. Thomas Otten and Dr. Jill Timmons
- Click here for an Dr. Otten’s notes that accompany this video.
- Online Teaching Demonstration – Dr. Thomas Otten, NCTM, West Portland District gives a demonstration online lesson with Dr. Laurie McManus, Professor of Musicology at Shenandoah Conservatory in Virginia.
- Teaching Online Voice Lessons During COVID-19 by Joannah Ball, President of the Cascade Chapter of NATS and teaching private voice lessons, now online, at Pacific University and Willamette University
Additional resources to support your transition to online teaching:
- MTNA Resources: https://www.mtna.org/MTNA/
- PDF with resources curated by OMTA past president, Selina Manson, in the spring of 2020: https://oregonmta.org/wp-content/uploads/OMTA-President-COVID-19-Resources.pdf
Virtual Event Protocols
Suggested guidelines for chairs, teachers, and students/parents participating in virtual OMTA events.
How to Make a PDF
How to Upload a Video to YouTube
Quick Answers to Common Hurdles
- How to Use Zoom on an iPad
- Zoom Tips on an iPad (Meeting Settings, Using Gallery View, and Renaming)
- 7 Tips for using Zoom on an iPad
Photo/Video Release Form
Office Depot Discount Signup
Restricted membership content.
Sorry, but permission to access this content is limited to current MTNA/OMTA members.
If you are an active member, please log in.
Otherwise please visit MTNA to renew your membership or to join. OMTA website accounts typically are activated within 7-9 business days of joining or renewing with MTNA.
For questions or issues, please contact us. Thank you.
Question: Why am I not receiving emails from OMTA?
Question: How do I create my own password on the OMTA website?
Click to Open Answer
Question: I am a Gmail user and cannot find the password reset email the OMTA website was supposed to send me.
Click to Open Answer Answer: If you do not find it in your inbox it is because Gmail sometimes identifies it as spam. Follow these instructions for locating the email”
Answer: If you do not find it in your inbox it is because Gmail sometimes identifies it as spam. Follow these instructions for locating the email”