MTNA Foundation Fellow
The Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) Fellow program offers a meaningful method for honoring deserving individuals while supporting the efforts of the MTNA Foundation Fund through a donation to the Foundation Fund in an individual’s name. Anyone can nominate and fund an MTNA Fellow. This form is for the official OMTA Fellow nomination, which may be proposed by any OMTA member or district.
OMTA’s proposed MTNA Foundation Fellow nominee should show excellence in their commitment to students, to their local district, to OMTA and MTNA, and to their colleagues, and have been members of OMTA for at least 20 years.
The recipient of a Foundation Fellow nomination will be announced at the local association meeting. The Foundation Chair will promote the nomination to the membership and through communication sent to names suggested by the nominee. If the Foundation Fellow nominee is fully funded by January 15 of the following year, he or she will be honored at the annual MTNA Conference. To assist with travel to the conference, OMTA will offer the Fellow a $300 travel grant from the OMTA Foundation Fund. Honorees will also be recognized at the Awards Banquet at the annual OMTA conference and his or her name will be listed in the OMTA Handbook & Directory.
Nominations are to be submitted to the Honors Committee, which will determine which (if any) nominees to present for the approval of the OMTA Board of Directors at its February meeting.
Deadline for nominations is February 6.
Online nomination form
The following people have been designated MTNA Foundation Fellows in recognition of their extraordinary service to OMTA. Their photos are on display at the headquarters of Music Teachers National Association.
- 2022 Carolee Harbour, NCTM, Roseburg
- 2021 Carol White, NCTM, Eugene
2020 Cindy Peterson-Peart, NCTM, Beaverton
- 2019 Susan Todd, NCTM, Hillsboro
- 2018 Dr. Bonnie Esbensen, Corvallis
- 2017 Margaret Littlehales, NCTM, and Patti Peterson, NCTM, Bend
- 2016 Fern McArthur, NCTM, Eugene
- 2015 Dorothy Fahlman, NCTM, Portland
- 2014 Gloria Dakin, NCTM, Portland
- 2013 Pauline Eidemiller, NCTM, Portland
- 2012 Geneva Wright, NCTM, Hillsboro
- 2011 Joan Gathercoal, NCTM and Jean Baines Proctor, Corvallis
- 2010 Arlette Irving, NCTM, Roseburg (Umpqua Valley-South Coast)
- 2009 Mary Hulme, NCTM, Portland
- 2008 Virginia Buhn, NCTM, Eugene