MTNA Releases Advice for Reopening Your Studio
Please click below to read this June, 2020 document.
ONLINE TEACHING RESOURCES
- Need help transitioning to online teaching? Check out this helpful PDF, curated by Selina Manson, our Past President, filled with resources from nationally recognized music educators: https://oregonmta.org/wp-content/uploads/OMTA-President-COVID-19-Resources.pdf
- OMTA, with assistance from the Nellie Tholen District Enrichment Project and the Oregon Community Foundation, presents these video resources to assist all music teachers in dealing with the social distancing required by this pandemic situation.
- Continuing Music Online During Social Distancing by Megan Todd, Masters in Learning Design and Technology
- Online Teaching: You CAN Do It! – a conversation with Dr. Thomas Otten and Dr. Jill Timmons
- Click here for an Dr. Otten’s notes that accompany this video.
- Online Teaching Demonstration – Dr. Thomas Otten, NCTM, West Portland District gives a demonstration online lesson with Dr. Laurie McManus, Professor of Musicology at Shenandoah Conservatory in Virginia.
- Online Teaching: Equipment, Apps, and Approaches to Remote Piano Lessons by Dr. Stephen Lewis.
- The iPad as Teaching Tool by Dr. Stephen Lewis. A handout.
- Teaching Online Voice Lessons During COVID-19 by Joannah Ball, President of the Cascade Chapter of NATS and teaching private voice lessons, now online, at Pacific University and Willamette University
- If you are looking for additional online teaching resources, please click this link (https://www.facebook.com/oregonmta) to access our Facebook page. We continue to add new resources in our posts. Click this link (https://www.mtna.org/MTNA/Learn/COVID19_Resources.aspx?) to access resources posted on the MTNA website.
- The Oregon State MTNA Competitions will all be held online this fall. Please visit https://oregonmta.org/programs/mtna-competitions/ for complete information.
- The OMTA Competitive Scholarships have been cancelled this fall and rescheduled for May 15 and 16, 2021.
- Fall syllabus exams will be held online. Please visit https://oregonmta.org/programs/syllabus/ for complete information.