ONLINE TEACHING RESOURCES
- Need help transitioning to online teaching? Check out this helpful PDF curated by our OMTA president, Selina Manson, filled with resources from nationally recognized music educators: https://oregonmta.org/wp-content/uploads/OMTA-President-COVID-19-Resources.pdf
- OMTA, with assistance from the Nellie Tholen District Enrichment Project and the Oregon Community Foundation, presents these video resources to assist all music teachers in dealing with the social distancing required by this pandemic situation.
- Continuing Music Online During Social Distancing by Megan Todd, Masters in Learning Design and Technology
- Online Teaching: You CAN Do It! – a conversation with Dr. Thomas Otten and Dr. Jill Timmons
- Click here for an Dr. Otten’s notes that accompany this video.
- Online Teaching: Equipment, Apps, and Approaches to Remote Piano Lessons by Dr. Stephen Lewis. (Premiering on Dr. Lewis’s YouTube Channel – at 10:00 AM PDT on Wednesday, April 8, 2020. Following the Premier, teachers will be invited to join a Zoom conversation with Dr. Lewis.)
- If you are looking for additional online teaching resources, please click this link (https://www.facebook.com/oregonmta) to access our Facebook page. We continue to add new resources in our posts. Click this link (https://www.mtna.org/MTNA/Learn/COVID19_Resources.aspx?) to access resources posted on the MTNA website.
- Due to concerns regarding COVID-19 the Competitive OMTA Scholarships auditions have been postponed to September 19-20. If you have already sent in registration application, your check will be shredded. Updated registration information will be available on the state website by the end of May.
- Need-Based Grants as well as District and Teacher Grants are still available, with a registration deadline of May 31. Registration forms are available on the OMTA website/Programs for Students/Scholarships page.
- Due to a lack of entries, the Composition Scholarship deadline has been extended to May 1. Teachers, this is an excellent time to help your young composers finish up a project they have been working on and get it submitted.
- ESMAR Asssesments will be postponed to August (assuming Classic Pianos has reopened).